The Ambrosia Bakery Story
Owners Felix and Cheryl, natives of New Orleans, opened the doors at The Ambrosia Bakery on December 1, 1993. Looking back, they can truly say that a lot of things happened for a reason. Beginning as a delivery route truck driver and working his way up to branch manager, Felix learned how to successfully lead a team of people in sales and marketing.
Cheryl began decorating cakes in the early 1980’s and spent some time working for others in the bakery business and gift shops. After losing his job of 27 years due to a company merger, Felix felt it was too late to start over in another job. By combining both of their talents and interests, they decided to start their own business to provide beautiful cakes and delicious desserts to the people of Baton Rouge.
In 1991 the bakery got its start in a little 1200 square foot building. After three years in that building, they custom built a 3274 square foot building approximately 1 mile from the original location. A few years later they added 1,000 square feet of production area to total 4274 square feet.