• Our traditional, long fermentation methods make the grains more digestible for many people. The natural leaven process develops complex flavors and variety.
• Our bread arrives fresh -- sometimes still warm from the oven.
• You can order several loaves of your favorite variety and freeze some for a later time.
• You support the bakery by paying when you order. Like the CSA model that farmers use, the CSB structure provides a predictable cash flow as it funds the production of the bread.
• With Wild Yeast Bread, you can know your farmer, your miller, your baker. Your bread label lists the sources for our ingredients. Our local growers provide varietal grains that are not available in mass-produced foods. OUr single-vairety breads allow you to taste different grains and enjoy the diversity of flavors.
• You support your local community and relationships between neighbors, farmers, and small business. By using local flours, we support sustainable agriculture in our region. Organic practices support a healthy biosphere: soil, water and air as well as our human bodies.