This snowy day is the perfect time to share my 3 bean chili recipe.
-1 onion it doesn’t matter what kind- diced into small pieces
- 1 pepper- could be any color- diced into small pieces
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic- minced or cut very small
- jalapeño (optional)- diced small
- 1 15oz can of tomato sauce(not seasoned)
- 1 can of black beans- drained and rinsed
- 1 can of cannellini beans- drained and rinsed
- 1 can of refried beans- I use a vegetarian one so my chili is safe for vegans
- 1 tsp cumin- you can always use more or less
- .5 tsp of cayenne - again more or less to your taste
- salt and pepper to taste. Make sure you add salt. Seasoning your food is really important to highlight the flavors. Or if you enjoy bland food that taste like canned items have at it.
Sauté the onion until translucent then add the peppers and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until tender. Add all the beans and tomato sauce. If it is too thick you can add some water by cleaning out the tomato sauce can. Don’t add too much though since it’s not soup.
Add your seasonings and cook for 30-40 minutes. Always taste to make sure it’s seasoned well.
You can make this a day before serving or make a bunch for several days. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and cheese if you wish!