Irish Cream Cake
Serving Texas since 1991!
Irish Cream Cake
Fancy Caramel Apples come in 14 flavors with nuts, fruits and candy pieces.
Pineapple upside down cakes.
The triple chocolate cake with chocolate dipped strawberries.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Root beer Float Cake
Nothing like pozole and tamales on a chilly morning!
Make it wing night!
Broccoli Cheese Soup and Ham and Cheese Sammie's.
Rainy Day Pozole!!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
1 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) cold butter, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) cold vegetable shortening
3 to 5 tablespoons ice water
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature (I used light)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup diced candied ginger (optional)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 15-ounce can pumpkin or 1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup light cream or evaporated milk
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
whip cream, for serving
Make the crust:
1. Whisk together the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter and shortening with a pastry blender or two knives used scissor fashion until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Stir in 3–5 tablespoons of ice water until dough just holds together. Pat into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for a half hour.
*NOTE: Some folks prefer a graham cracker crust - you can make it or buy it already made. (Totally fine, either way!)
Make the Fillings:
3. In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium until smooth and creamy. Stir in the egg, vanilla and ginger.
4. In a separate, large bowl whisk the sugar, salt and all the spices together. Add the pumpkin, cream, and eggs. Whisk just until smooth and combined - don't over mix.
5. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Roll out the crust on a lightly floured surface to 12 - 13 inches in diameter. Press into a 9-inch pie pan (inside top measurement) that is at least 1 +1/2 inches deep. Fold the edges under and flute or make a pattern with a fork.
6. Spoon the cream cheese filling into the crust and spread out evenly. Gently spoon the pumpkin mixture on top and fill to 1/4 inch from the top. (You may have a little pumpkin left - you can bake it in a small custard cup.)
7. Bake 15 minutes then turn the heat down to 350 degrees F. and bake 40 - 45 minutes longer. The pie should be mostly set and a little wobbly in the center.
8. Remove to wire rack to cool then chill completely. Cut into wedges and serve with whipped cream.
Jalapeño Chile con Carne
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1 can black beans, drained
• 1 can pinto beans, drained
• 1 can cannellini, drained
• 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
• 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
• 1 15 oz can green chiles
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• 3 Tbsp. chili powder
• 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
• 3 tsp. dried oregano
• 2 and 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
• 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
• 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
Place oil in a large stockpot and heat to medium heat. Add ground beef, and cook with stirring until the meat just loses its red color.
Add green chiles, garlic, red bell pepper, jalapeno, and onion to the meat. Saute until the onions are translucent.
Stir in chili powder, brown sugar, oregano, cumin, allspice, and cloves, Add tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
Add black beans, pinto beans, and cannellini. Cook chili con carne recipe for an additional 20 minutes.
Tamales: Chicken, Pork, Rajas (Jalapenos with Cheese), Bean and Cheese, Sweet, and new varieties coming soon!!
Strawberry season gives us a reason to celebrate!
Crock Pot Green Salsa Chicken with Cilantro & Lime
2 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 ½ cups Salsa de Tomatillo (recipe at the end of this recipe)
2 tablespoons of chili powder
½ teaspoon of cumin
A dash or two of cayenne pepper
A dash of salt and fresh ground pepper
About 12 full sprigs fresh cilantro
1. Place rinsed chicken in crockpot and add juice from both limes, chili powder and salsa. (save lime rinds for step 2)
2. Tie or band cilantro together and drop on top of chicken along with lime halves (these will all be fished out, later
3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
4. When tender enough to shred, remove lime halves and cilantro, and shred in pot using two forks. Stir well and add remaining seasoning. - Continue to cook on low and simmer about 30 minutes.
5. Serve over rice and sprinkle cheese (any white melting cheese)
Salsa de Tomatillo
• 1 pound fresh tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and quartered
• 1 fresh serrano chile, seeded and chopped
• 1/2 large white onion, cut into 4 wedges
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Coarsely purée tomatillos, chile, onion, garlic, water, and 1 teaspoon salt in a blender. Transfer to a large heavy skillet and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool to room temperature, then stir in cilantro, lime juice, and salt to taste.
Spaghetti with Meatballs
1 pound of ground beef
2 slices of bread
2 cloves of garlic
fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons of milk
salt & pepper
Food Processor Method
Begin by cutting bread into cubes. In the food processor, put garlic & parsley. Pulse until both are finely chopped. Add parmesan cheese cut into 1-inch cubes (if not already grated). Pulse until fine. Add bread in small batches and pulse. Add mixture to ground beef. Add eggs, milk, salt and pepper then mix with a fork, keeping the mixture light and fluffy.
By Hand Method
Tear bread into small pieces. Add grated parmeasan, minced garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Add eggs and milk. Mix together. Add mixture to ground beef. Mix with a fork, keeping the mixture light and fluffy.
Form into balls with an ice cream scoop and place on a baking sheet. Cook meatballs under a high broiler on high for 7-9 minutes until just browned on outside.
Simple Crushed Tomato Sauce Recipe
2 tablespoons of olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 (14.5 oz.) can of crushed tomatoes
2 teaspoons of sea salt
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of dried italian seasoning
1 pound of pasta
Cook pasta in salted water as directed.
In a sauce pan, saute garlic in the olive oil for just 1 minute. Add in the can of crushed tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, and add salt, sugar & seasoning. Add in 1/2 cup (more or less depending on preference) of the pasta water into the sauce. Reduce and cook for 10-25 minutes.
When's the wedding? Let us be you caterer of choice.
Caramel Apple Cake
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1½ cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1¼ cups vegetable oil
3 cups apples, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons orange juice
3 Tablespoons butter
¼ cup heavy cream
½ cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-2 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, oil, vanilla, orange juice, and sugar. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined. Do not over mix. Stir in apple and pour into prepared bundt pan.
Bake for about 1 hour at 325 degrees F. Check with a toothpick for doneness. It is done when the toothpick comes out clean.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, heavy cream and brown sugar.
Cook, stirring occasionally until mixture just begins to boil; remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Let cool. After it has cooled, stir in the powdered sugar. Start with 1 cup. Add more by ¼ cup measurements until desired consistency is reached.
Pipe frosting over cooled Apple Bundt Cake.
Founded in 1991, we pride ourselves on personal service. Whether you are hosting a party of 2 or 2,000, we will help you make your event the best ever.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Silver Platter Catering and Luxury Desserts posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Send a message to Silver Platter Catering and Luxury Desserts: